In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
They enter the battlefield tapped, unless their controller controls at least two basic lands.
List of Battle Lands
- A name for this land cycle was not immediately obvious, and suggestions included "base" (they work best with basics) and "tango" ("it takes two to tango") lands. The issue was eventually settled by the use of "battle lands" in a Wizards of the Coast article.
- Between February 13 and April 16, 2017, shops could run a series of fun Standard. If a player participated in six events during this window of time, they received a special Battle land promo card using normal card frame but Masterpiece Series art.
- Luis Scott-Vargas (September 18, 2015). "Building a Better Battle". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (June 26, 2014). "Making Mana". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic: The Gathering on Twitter (30 Aug 2015) "#MTGBFZ introduces a new cycle of dual lands! #PAXPrime"
- David Lane (September 3, 2015) "Battle for Zendikar Dual Lands Analysis". MTG Grinders.
- Blake Rasmussen (January 25, 2017). "The January 25, 2017 Update". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.