The battle lands are a cycle of allied color taplands introduced in Battle for Zendikar.
The battle lands are noteworthy for being one of few dual land cycles with basic land types, along with the original Alpha dual lands, the Amonkhet Dual-colored Cycling Lands, and the shock lands.
They enter the battlefield tapped, unless their controller controls at least two basic lands.
List of Battle Lands
- Wizards initially did not name this land cycle, and the argument for what to nickname these lands carries on to this day. One of the names used by players and writers was Tangolands, from the "it takes two to tango" saying, until Wizards of the Coast officially settled on Battle Lands.
- Between February 13 and April 16, 2017, shops could run a series of fun Standard. If a player participated in six events during this window of time, they received a special Battle land promo card using normal card frame but Masterpiece Series art.
- ↑ a b Luis Scott-Vargas. (September 18, 2015.) "Building a Better Battle", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Sam Stoddard . (June 26, 2014.) "Making Mana ", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Magic: The Gathering on Twitter (30 Aug 2015) "#MTGBFZ introduces a new cycle of dual lands! #PAXPrime"
- ↑ David Lane (September 3, 2015) "Battle for Zendikar Dual Lands Analysis". MTG Grinders.
- ↑ Blake Rasmussen. (January 25, 2017.) "The January 25, 2017 Update", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.