|Last Used:||Mirrodin Besieged|
|Reminder Text:||Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)|
|Statistics:|| 7 cards|
Artifact 14% 43% 43%
|Gatherer search for "Battle Cry"|
Battle cry is a triggered ability first introduced in Mirrodin Besieged and gives a +1/+0 bonus to each other attacking creature, thus being more or less an inversion of Exalted. Battle Cry has to date appeared on seven cards, all of which carry the Mirran watermark.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- The +1/+0 bonus applies to each other attacking creature, but not to the creature with battle cry itself.
- The +1/+0 bonus remains until the end of the turn, even if the creature with battle cry leaves the battlefield or stops being an attacking creature.
- If a creature with battle cry attacks more than once in a turn (due to an additional combat phase being created), its battle cry ability will trigger each time. The results are cumulative.
- In Two-Headed Giant and other multiplayer variants where players share a turn, attacking creatures controlled by a teammate also receive the +1/+0 bonus.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Battle Cry was featured as rules card 1 of 5 in the Mirrodin Besieged set.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (January 17, 2011.) “Under Besiege, Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille. (February 11, 2011.) “The Heroes Who Cried Battle”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (February 09, 2011.) “Public Displays of Aggression”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.