|Last Used||Dragon's Maze|
|Typical Text||Battalion — Whenever this card and at least two other creatures attack, …|
38.5% 30.8% 30.8%
Battalion is an ability word introduced in Gatecrash, wherein it is the Boros Legion guild mechanic. It gives an advantageous effect when a creature with battalion attacks alongside 2 or more other creatures. The mechanic was designed or inspired by Shawn Main, who, for the Great Designer Search 2, submitted "Assault". Dragon's Maze added 2 cards with batallion.
- The three attacking creatures don't have to be attacking the same player or planeswalker.
- Once a battalion ability has triggered, it doesn't matter how many creatures are still attacking when that ability resolves.
- The effects of battalion abilities vary from card to card. Read each card carefully.
Creature — Angel
Battalion — Whenever Firemane Avenger and at least two other creatures attack, Firemane Avenger deals 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 3 life.
One variant of Garbage Elemental has battalion.
- Mark Rosewater (May 2, 2016). "Storm Scale: Ravnica and Return to Ravnica". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (January 7, 2013). "Gatecrashing the Party, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (December 26, 2012). "First evolve and now we're getting Shawn Main's assault mechanic under the name battalion. Is RtR going to be the Great Designer Search block? :)". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (December 26, 2012). "Was Battalion called attackcraft (or even Warcraft) in design?". Blogatog. Tumblr.