Description[edit | edit source]
Unlike the former guild leader Razia, the Parun of the Boros, Aurelia keeps a close relationship with her guildmembers. During the years of her leadership, she has shown a strong appreciation for the ordinary citizens who are often caught in the middle of interguild violence. True justice, Aurelia argues, isn't merely the enforcement of the letter of existing laws (let the Azorius fret over that), but the establishment of equitable and compassionate relationships among all of Ravnica's people. That means protecting the weak from the depredations of the strong, sheltering the innocents who are threatened by war, and ensuring that enforcement of the law doesn't become oppressive. Aurelia actively supports efforts to establish a lasting peace among the guilds in the absence of the Guildpact. Aurelia prefers to lead the Boros Legion from the front. She brings swift and unrelenting punishment to the wicked, and her temper is legendary.
History[edit | edit source]
Replacing Feather[edit | edit source]
She ascended to leader after turning much of the guild against Feather, whom she considered to be disgrace to the Legion.
Meeting Gideon[edit | edit source]
When Gideon Jura met with her, she asked him to lead the cleansing of the ninth district of Ravnica, inviting him to join the Legion. Gideon was looking for help against the Eldrazi and thought Aurelia could help him save thousands of lives. After the cleansing of the ninth district, Aurelia once again offered Gideon to join the Legion. After his refusal, she told him he was always welcome at Sunhome.
War of the Spark[edit | edit source]
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast (August 20, 2012). "Boros Legion". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- The Magic Creative Team (December 5, 2012). "Planeswalker's Guide to Gatecrash, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Adam Lee (August 29, 2012). "Ravnica, then and now". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt and Jeremy Crawford (November 2018). "D&D Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica", Wizards of the Coast.
- Adam Lee (February 06, 2013). "The Greater Good". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Adam Lee (June 19, 2013). "Battle for the Ninth". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Greg Weisman (April 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica". Del Rey