Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Last Used||Future Sight|
|Reminder Text||Aura swap [cost] ([Cost]: Exchange this Aura with an Aura card in your hand.)|
Aura swap is a keyword ability. It lets you exchange an Aura that has it for an Aura in your hand. It was first introduced in Future Sight. By nature, this is a blue ability and it has only been printed on one Aura so far, Arcanum Wings.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- Aura Swap
- A keyword ability that lets you exchange an Aura on the battlefield with one in your hand. See rule 702.64, “Aura Swap.”
- 702.64. Aura Swap
- 702.64a Aura swap is an activated ability of some Aura cards. “Aura swap [cost]” means “[Cost]: You may exchange this permanent with an Aura card in your hand.”
- 702.64b If either half of the exchange can’t be completed, the ability has no effect.
Example: You activate the aura swap ability of an Aura. The only Aura card in your hand can’t enchant the permanent that’s enchanted by the Aura with aura swap. The ability has no effect.
Example: You activate the aura swap ability of an Aura that you control but you don’t own. The ability has no effect.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- As the aura swap ability resolves, you may choose an Aura card in your hand. If you decide not to choose one (or don't have one), nothing happens. If you do choose one, the game checks whether that Aura can enchant the enchanted permanent as it currently exists (while the Aura with aura swap is still on the battlefield). If it can't, nothing happens. If it can, and the Aura with aura swap is still on the battlefield, and you own the Aura with aura swap, then the Aura with aura swap is put into your hand and the chosen Aura is put onto the battlefield attached to that permanent.
- The exchange is simultaneous. At no time will the permanent be enchanted by both Auras or by neither Aura.
- If a non-Aura somehow gains aura swap, the ability will do nothing when it resolves. The Aura in your hand can't be put onto the battlefield enchanting nothing, so the exchange doesn't happen.
Example[edit | edit source]
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature has flying.
Aura swap (: Exchange this Aura with an Aura card in your hand.)