|Reminder Text||Augment (cost) (cost, Reveal this card from your hand: Combine it with target host. Augment only as a sorcery.)|
Augment is a keyword ability featured in Unstable and is closely related to the Host supertype. The cards with augment have their art one-sided to the right, leaving the right side without margin.
Description[edit | edit source]
The augment ability can only be activated if the card with augment is in your hand. It's the only way to play the cards with augment because they don't have a casting cost. The activation includes revealing the card with augment as part of the cost. When activated, the card is combined with a host creature you control. If there is no legal target when resolving the ability, then the card with augment returns to the player's hand.
Creature cards with augment have a layout without a border on their right. Instead, a vertical metal bar finishes off the art, much like the one that runs through the middle of the host creatures. Creatures with augment lack a mana cost and use a color indicator.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Augment cards are creature cards with a converted mana cost of 0.
- An augmented host functions as a singular creature.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (November 20, 2017.) “The Un-Ending Saga, Part 3”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 22, 2017.) “Unstable FAQAWASLFAQPAFTIDAWABIAJTBT”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak. (November 13, 2017.) “Unstable Mechanics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 16, 2017.) "Regarding augment cards, how do they interact with cards like Ranger of Eos and recruiter of the guard?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 16, 2017.) "Once you augment a creature card, does it function like an aura or as one larger creature?", Blogatog, Tumblr.