- For the Microprose set, see Astral.
Astral Ways is an unpublished Magic: The Gathering expansion designed by then-player Mike Elliott. While the set itself never saw print, a number of mechanics from the set eventually made their way onto Magic cards when Elliott became a designer.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
The crux of the storyline of Astral Ways was two parallel universes separated by an astral doorway. In the story, while trying to shut the astral door, the hero gets sliced into thousands of slivers.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- The Astral ability, renamed Shadow was featured in the Tempest block 
- Slivers, also appearing in the Tempest block.
- "Planeshift", renamed echo, featured in Urza's Saga.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (February 16, 2015). "Kings & Things". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 27, 2015). "Twenty Things You Might Not Have Known About Tempest". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (March 8, 2004). "Sliver Me Timbers". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Brady Dommermuth (June 01, 2009). "Mechanically Inclined". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.