In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|Symbol description||Cards use the symbol of their original expansion.|
|Release date||November 1998|
|Set size||120 cards|
|Early Box sets|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Set details[edit | edit source]
Anthologies contains two 60-card preconstructed theme decks made up of cards from every Magic expansion and edition from the Alpha set to the Urza's Saga expansion plus 5 token cards in each deck, and a 64-page booklet describing the past, present, and future of Magic, with personal commentary from Richard Garfield. The storage box is able to hold 350 cards in standard sized sleeves. The cards are white border with copyright 1993–1998.
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Defenders of the Cause[edit | edit source]
A control-oriented deck deck. If you're able to establish a stalemate on the ground, you'll be able to win combat in the air. Even if you need to hold your flying creatures back in defense, you have a stalemate breaker in Overrun.
Dark Alliance[edit | edit source]
Misprints[edit | edit source]
- Armored Pegasus has a mana cost of instead of .
- Carnivorous Plant was printed with a Legends expansion symbol instead of The Dark.
- Goblin Hero has the The Dark's expansion symbol, even though the art is from the Fifth Edition version. Either the art should have been the original Mark Tedin version, or the expansion symbol should have been removed.
- Mirri, Cat Warrior was printed as a common with a black expansion symbol instead of a rare. Its power/toughness was misprinted as 2/2 when it should be 2/3.
- Mogg Raider was printed with a mana cost of instead of .
- Raging Goblin has the Exodus picture but the flavor text from Portal.
- Samite Healer has a mana cost of instead of .
- Warrior's Honor has a mana cost of instead of .