|Born||Anchorage, Alaska 1968|
|Status||Inactive: Alpha to Time Spiral|
|Education/ Training||Cornish College of Arts|
|Cards illustrated by Anson Maddocks|
Anson Maddocks is one of the original twenty-five Magic: The Gathering artists; he was last active during Time Spiral. Outside of Magic he has worked on Clout and various White Wolf products. Maddocks works with a large variety of mediums and draws from numerous inspirations, but is probably most renowned for his work on minotaurs. Early on he was one of the few artists to employ realism, but often combined it with the surreal. Maddocks attended the Cornish College of Arts. and Andi Rusu.
Maddocks is often contributed with helping to shape the direction of Magic artwork and his Hurloon Minotaur depiction became the initial face of the game. He grew up in Sitka, Alaska along with Mark Tedin, he currently lives in Seattle, Washington and does commission based work.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Arcana. (June 12, 2008.) "An Interview With Anson", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Jesper Myrfors :: The Original Artist Visionary of Magic: The Gathering. MTG Stores (2010-09-08). Retrieved on 2010-09-10.
- Arcana. (April 07, 2008.) "The Face of the Game", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Waters, Anthony (2010-04-22). Artist Spotlight: Anson Maddocks. MTG Stores. Retrieved on 2010-09-07.
[edit | edit source]
- Lunch with Jesper Myrfors, Mark Tedin, Anson Maddocks - 5 part YouTube interview by MTGStores