|Reminder Text||Amplify N (As this object enters the battlefield, reveal any number of cards from your hand that share a creature type with it. This permanent comes into play with N +1/+1 counters on it for each card revealed this way.)|
22.2% 33.3% 11.1% 33.3%
Amplify is a keyword ability on creatures that allows the player to reveal creature cards in their hand that share a creature type with the creature. The creature enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters for each such card revealed. Some creatures with amplify have additional abilities tied to the number of +1/+1 counters on them (see Kilnmouth Dragon).
All tournament-legal creatures with Amplify were printed in Legions.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- 702.37. Amplify
- 702.37a Amplify is a static ability. “Amplify N” means “As this object enters the battlefield, reveal any number of cards from your hand that share a creature type with it. This permanent enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it for each card revealed this way. You can’t reveal this card or any other cards that are entering the battlefield at the same time as this card.”
- 702.37b If a creature has multiple instances of amplify, each one works separately.
- A keyword ability than can have a creature enter the battlefield with +1/+1 counters on it. See rule 702.37, “Amplify.”
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- The player who will control the creature is the one who reveals the cards.
- Each revealed card must share a creature type with the card with amplify. The reminder text reminds you what those types are.
- Playing the Onslaught card Artificial Evolution on a spell with amplify on the stack can change what types need to be revealed. The card Conspiracy can also change what types need to be revealed.
- If multiple creatures with amplify are entering the battlefield under your control at the same time, you may reveal the same cards for each of them.
- If you cast Clone (or a creature with a similar ability) and choose for it to copy a creature with amplify, you get to reveal cards and have the creature get +1/+1 counters.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Creature — Beast
Amplify 1 (As this creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each Beast card you reveal in your hand.)