|Kingdom of Almaaz|
|Formerly part of||Terisiare (nation)|
|Later part of||Erg|
History[edit | edit source]
Prehistory[edit | edit source]
Almaaz before the War was both a nation and a culture that spread over the southwestern portion of Terisiare. Some say it was a place of rich culture and fine craftsmanship.
The Brothers' War[edit | edit source]
Almaazan songmages that lived in the capital city Sumifa offered their powers to the Fallaji Empire in the war to avoid the destruction of their nation. Ashnod was sent to Almaaz by Mishra to oversee iron and lumber harvesting afterwards, although civil war eventually broke out.
Advent of the Ice Age[edit | edit source]
After the Brothers' War, then the Time of the Erg Raiders came. Almaazan cities was attacked by dune raiders or thirst-crazed military tribes. During Ice Age, most of Almaaz was ruled by the Glacial Kingdom of ancient ice beings called the Rigida.
After the Ice Age[edit | edit source]
Known locations[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Martha Wells (March 21, 2018). "Return to Dominaria, Episode 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (April 20, 2018). "Dominarian Cartography". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Jeff Grubb (1998). Magic: The Gathering - The Brothers' War.
- Teri McLaren, Shadows of Time, the unpublished sequel of Song of Time. HarperPrism
- Not much is known about it, but the following blurb about dating systems reveals that Almaaz was around after 3000 A.R.: The third dating system is the centralized Common Era (CE). This dating system is used on Almaaz, the oldest surviving Terisian nation (having existed for over 4000 years west of Argive). Common Era’s 0 dating is around 3000 AR or so-making it a very modern calendar. Indeed, Common Era was established by the New Sumifans, the current culture reigning over Almaaz. Source: Teri McLaren (1996) Song of Time, Harper Prism
- As Erg in the Song of Time novel. Not to be confused with the Erg Mirab