|Lifetime||Before and after the Khanfall|
Alesha was a khan in the past of Tarkir. She ruled over the Mardu Horde with an iron fist and a steel blade. Seeing her charge into battle is enough to make warriors who were out of the fight rise up and enter the fray once more.
Alesha is a transgender woman, assigned male at birth but identifying as a woman. Alesha’s clan believed that a name was something earned by battle and glory. If you amassed enough tales of personal glory, then you earned the right to name yourself. She chose the name of her grandmother.
|Title||Author||Publishing date||Set||Setting (plane)||Featuring|
|The Truth of Names||James Wyatt||2015-01-28||Fate Reforged||Tarkir||Alesha, Battle Brawler|
|Khanfall||Kelly Digges||2015-02-18||Fate Reforged||Tarkir||Alesha, Atarka, Daghatar, Ikra Shidiqi, Kolaghan, Ojutai, Reyhan, Shu Yun, Silumgar, Tasigur, Yasova Dragonclaw|
Quoted or referred to:
- Mike Cannon (February 16, 2015). "Legendary Leaders". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Jessica Lachenal (January 30, 2015). "Magic: The Gathering Smiles at Trans Representation with Alesha, Who Smiles at Death". Themarysue.com.
- Rich Goldstein (March 31, 2015). "Alesha, Who Smiles at Death: The Story Behind Magic the Gathering’s First Trans Character". Thedailybeast.com.
- Samantha Riedel (November 4, 2018). "Magic: The Gathering's Canonically Trans Character Is Changing the Game for Trans People". Them.Us.
- James Wyatt (January 28, 2015). "The Truth of Names". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kelly Digges (February 18, 2015). "Khanfall". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.