2021 World Championship
|2021 World Championship|
Description[edit | edit source]
Magic World Championship XXVII is tentatively planned for the summer of 2021 as an on-location event that represents the pinnacle of Magic Esports. But given the continued uncertainty around in-person events, these plans may need to adjust as the season ends and we will evaluate the feasibility of in-person events.
The 2020–2021 season World Championship will have a prize pool of $1 million will feature the winners of each Players Tour Finals and the winner of each Mythic Invitational. Additional slots will be announced prior to the start of the 2020–21 season.
Qualification[edit | edit source]
The World Championship features the best 16 players within and new to the MPL from the postseason:<ref name="2020-21 Overview">
- The 2019 Magic: The Gathering World Champion ( Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa)
- The Top 4 MPL players from season standings.
- The Top 4 Rivals League players from season standings.
- The Top 2 from the MPL Gauntlet.
- The winner of the Rivals Gauntlet.
- The to 4 Challengers from the Challenger Gauntlet.
Since tabletop play was postponed, no places have been reserved for Players Tour winners.