After the ingenious inventor Avaati Vya developed a process to refine volatile raw aether, the Consulate recognized its potential as a fuel and designed distribution methods to ensure that it was accessible. Their efforts led to a plane-wide inventors' renaissance, a time of hope, optimism, and boundless creativity. 
The Consulate banned fire magic and made pyromancy punishable with a death sentence, reportedly since pyromantic magic interacted dangerously with the aether in the air, but some suspected that the Consulate saw independent energy generation as a threat to their power.   A faction known as the Renegades even believed that the Consulate was corrupt, and infringing on their freedoms. They refused to adhere to safety regulations and aether quotas, and they undermined the Consulate's efforts to provide law and order.
In reaction to the intrusion of unknown figures wielding magic openly at the conclusion of the Inventor's Fair, who saved Renegade Prime from her execution, the Consulate issued an ordinance to all citizens of Ghirapur. All inventions and artifacts that had not been Consulate-approved or had been modified for personal use were taken into custody, as a safety measure against Renegade factions that would exploit these artifacts.
The Renegades believed that the Consulate was trying to consolidate their hold over Kaladesh's technology for their own gain, and started a revolt. The Renegades were victorious. After the defeat of Head Judge Tezzeret and the removal of other corrupt elements, a more benevolent Consulate took seat.
- Dovin Baan, head inspector for the Inventors' Fair
- Tezzeret, head judge for the Inventors' Fair, later declared Special Grand Consul.
- Pia Nalaar became the new consul of Allocation.
- Padeem held her position as Consul of Innovation.
- Authority of the Consuls
- Captured by the Consulate
- Consul's Shieldguard
- Consulate Dreadnought
- Consulate Surveillance
- Consulate Turret
- Ministry of Inquiries
- Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
- Aether Tradewinds
- Aeronaut Admiral
- Call for Unity
- Deft Dismissal
- Foundry Assembler
- Ninth Bridge Control
- Pacification Array
- Revoke Privileges
- Servo Schematic
- Thopter Arrest
- Welder Automaton
- "Planes of Existence: Kaladesh" — Wizards of the Coast
- Doug Beyer. (June 10, 2015.) “Chandra's Origin: Fire Logic”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Chris L'Etoile. (August 29, 2016.) “Homesick”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kaladesh Consulate (Facebook)
- Kimberly J. Kreines, Alison Luhrs and Chris Peeler. (November 23, 2016.) “Messages from the Consulate”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kimberly J. Kreines. (December 14, 2016.) “Breakthrough”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Chris L'Etoile. (January 4, 2017.) “Burn”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Creative Team. (February 1, 2017.) “Renewal”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (2017-01-16.) “Aether Way, Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.