After the ingenious inventor Avaati Vya developed a process to refine volatile raw aether, the Consulate recognized its potential as a fuel and designed distribution methods to ensure that it was accessible. Their efforts led to a plane-wide inventors' renaissance, a time of hope, optimism, and boundless creativity. 
The Consulate has banned fire magic and made pyromancy punishable with a death sentence, since pyromantic magic interacts dangerously with the aether in the air, but some suspect that the Consulate sees independent energy generation as a threat to their power.  
However, a faction known as the Renegades believes that the Consulate is corrupt, and is infringing on their freedoms. They refuse to adhere to safety regulations and aether quotas, and they undermine the Consulate's efforts to provide structure and lawfulness.
In reaction to the intrusion of unknown figures wielding magic openly at the conclusion of the Inventor's Fair that saved Renegade Prime from her execution, the Consulate has issued an ordinance to all citizens of Ghirapur. All inventions and artifacts that have not been Consulate-approved or have been modified for personal use are taken into custody, as a safety measure against Renegade factions that would exploit these artifacts. In time, these inventions will be approved, reworked to fit higher safety standards and be released to the public. Renegades believe that the Consulate is trying to consolidate their hold over Kaladesh's technology for their own gain.
- Dovin Baan, head inspector for the Inventors' Fair
- Tezzeret, head judge for the Inventors' Fair, later declared Special Grand Consul.
- Authority of the Consuls
- Captured by the Consulate
- Consul's Shieldguard
- Consulate Dreadnought
- Consulate Surveillance
- Consulate Turret
- Ministry of Inquiries
- Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
- Aether Tradewinds
- Aeronaut Admiral
- Call for Unity
- Deft Dismissal
- Foundry Assembler
- Ninth Bridge Control
- Pacification Array
- Revoke Privileges
- Servo Schematic
- Thopter Arrest
- Welder Automaton
- "Planes of Existence: Kaladesh" — Wizards of the Coast
- Doug Beyer. (June 10, 2015.) “Chandra's Origin: Fire Logic”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Chris L'Etoile. (August 29, 2016.) “Homesick”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kaladesh Consulate (Facebook)
- Kimberly J. Kreines, Alison Luhrs and Chris Peeler. (November 23, 2016.) “Messages from the Consulate”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kimberly J. Kreines. (December 14, 2016.) “Breakthrough”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Chris L'Etoile. (January 4, 2017.) “Burn”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (2017-01-16.) “Aether Way, Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.