Shrine is an enchantment subtype that was introduced in Champions of Kamigawa. There were five shrines printed in as an uncommon cycle. They encouraged multi-color decks, because they are all legendary, and do something during your upkeep for each shrine you control.
Shrine Cycle[edit | edit source]
- White - Honden of Cleansing Fire - Gain two life for each shrine you control.
- Blue - Honden of Seeing Winds - Draw a card for each shrine you control.
- Black - Honden of Night's Reach - Target opponent discards a card for each shrine you control.
- Red - Honden of Infinite Rage - Deal damage to target creature or player equal to the number of shrines you control.
- Green - Honden of Life's Web - Put a 1/1 colorless Spirit token into play for each shrine you control.
References[edit | edit source]