The Four Sisters[edit | edit source]
The Flight of Goldnight[edit | edit source]
Gisela and the Flight of Goldnight are associated with the sun, in contrast with Avacyn herself.  Once a year during the Harvest Moon season, the sun will not dip below the horizon for two full days, and during this time the moon isn't visible. Known as the Feast of Goldnight, this is the holiest day for the humans. It is the time when the Avacynian enchantments are strongest throughout Innistrad. Angels from this flight are the most battle oriented among the flights. They also oversee the training of cathars. 
Loyalty to Avacyn[edit | edit source]
Of all the angels, Gisela is closest to Avacyn, being her confidante, and fell into the greatest despair over her disappearence. 
Corruption[edit | edit source]
Perhaps due to this closeness, Gisela fell completely in with Avacyn's will after she was corrupted, siding with her on the desire to wipe out humanity. She, Avacyn and Bruna showed up at Sigarda's house, trying to intimidate her into joining their crusade.
After Avacyn's death, Nahiri managed to summon Emrakul into Innistrad. This resulted in Bruna and Gisela being mutated into a horrific amalgamation Brisela that enforced Emrakul's will. Brisela was killed by Sigarda. 
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- Ken Troop. (March 9, 2016.) “A Gaze Blank and Pitiless”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- The Magic Creative Team. (September 27, 2011.) “A Planeswalker's Guide to Innistrad: Gavony and Humans”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Creative Team. (April 11, 2012.) “Planeswalker's Guide to Avacyn Restored: Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kimberly J. Kreines. (June 20, 2016.) “Emrakul Rises”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt. (July 13, 2016.) “Saint Traft and the Flight of Nightmares”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.