|This article documents an upcoming release.|
|Mark Rosewater (co-lead) |
Ethan Fleischer (co-lead)
Kimberley J. Kreines
|Dave Humpherys (co-lead) |
Bryan Hawley (co-lead)
Kimberley J. Kreines
and Mons Johnson
|April 28, 2017|
Themes and mechanics
Keywords and/or ability words
|269 (+ 10)|
|Amonkhet block sets|
|Amonkhet||Hour of Devastation||(none)|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might||Amonkhet||Commander Anthology|
Set details[edit | edit source]
Amonkhet contains 269 cards (presumably 20 basic lands, 101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares) and includes randomly inserted premium versions of all cards. The expansion symbol is a pyramid. The Planeswalker decks contain 10 additional cards that are considered to be part of the set (2 mythic planeswalkers, 2 rares, 2 uncommons, 2 commons and 2 common dual lands). These are numbered #270/269 to #279/269). Full-art basic lands appear in approximately one out of every four boosters and will be available in other products as well.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
|“||Rise Among the Worthy||”|
The desert oasis of Amonkhet forges warriors. They train their entire life for a chance to face the Trials of the Five Gods and join the elite ranks of the Worthy and to claim an honored place in the Afterlife. They prepare for the great God-Pharaoh's return.
The cards that represent the Story Spotlights in Amonkhet are: TBA
Marketing[edit | edit source]
Amonkhet is sold in 16-card boosters (one card being a marketing card), two planeswalker decks, the Amonkhet bundle, a Deck Builder's Toolkit and a Gift Box.  The boosters feature artwork from TBA.
Magic Open House[edit | edit source]
The Magic Open House on April 15'is an event-filled day where players can stop by their local store for fun, casual play that includes learn-to-play Magic events, free 2017 Welcome Decks for new players, and premium foil full-art lands for interacting on digital.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Prerelease Events take place on April 22, 2017.
- Standard Showdown starts May 6, 2017.
Promotional Cards[edit | edit source]
- Prerelease: a stamped card that can be any rare or mythic rare from the set.
- Launch promo: TBA
- Game Day: full-art TBA
- Game Day (Top 8): full-art TBA
- Buy-a-Box: TBA
Tokens and emblems[edit | edit source]
Themes and mechanics[edit | edit source]
Card types[edit | edit source]
Cycles[edit | edit source]
Mirrored pairs[edit | edit source]
Reprinted cards[edit | edit source]
Functional Reprints[edit | edit source]
Card comparisons[edit | edit source]
Preconstructed decks[edit | edit source]
Amonkhet will have two planeswalker decks:
|Planeswalker deck name||Colors included||Planeswalker|
|Gideon||W||Gideon, Martial Paragon|
|Liliana||B||Liliana, Death's Manipulator|
References[edit | edit source]
- Product Information
- Wizards of the Coast. (2016-08-31.) “Announcement Day”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen. (February 20, 2017.) “Modern Masters 2017 Edition and Amonkhet Packaging”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Amonkhet Product information for retailers
- Elaine Chase. (February 13, 2017.) “What's in Store for In-Store Play”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen. (February 20, 2017.) “The February 20, 2017 Update”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.