Accounting of Hours
The text prophecies the coming of the God-Pharaoh. According to the first prophecy, the Gate to the Afterlife would open when the second sun entirely sat between the horns, revealing the promise of the God-Pharaoh.
|When the Second Sun rests between the horns on the horizon, so begins the Hour of Revelation. Then the Hour of Glory, the Hour of Promise, and finally the Hour of Eternity.||Throne of the God-Pharaoh|
|All questions will be answered during the Hour of Revelation.||Naga Oracle|
|In the Hour of Glory, the gods and the untested will prove their worth before the God-Pharaoh.||Nimble-Blade Khenra|
|When the Hour of Promise arrives, the God-Pharaoh will tear down the Hekma, for its protection will be needed no longer.||Winged Shepherd|
|When all doubts have melted away, the worthy will meet the Hour of Eternity and earn a place at the God-Pharaoh's side.||Dissenter's Deliverance|
Notably absent in the texts is the Hour of Devastation.
When the Hours started, it wasn't like the citizens of Amonkhet expected at all.
- In the Hour of Revelation, the Gate to the Afterlife opened and revealed the demon Razaketh, who turned the Luxa River into blood.
- In the Hour of Glory, The Scorpion God fought and killed Rhonas and a swarm of locusts descended on Naktamun.
References[edit | edit source]
- Doug Beyer and Alison Luhrs. (May 17, 2017.) “Judgment”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Alison Luhrs. (June 7, 2017.) “The Hour of Revelation”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Michael Yichao. (June 21, 2017.) “The Hour of Glory”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.